Ok so what is definition of bi-polar then? Not a bi-sexual white bear obviously.Now calm down I am not making light of it. I have been there got the stained tracksuit, baggy under eye and dragged myself up by the bootstraps to face the light of day once more. But I do wonder when does being a bit pissed off becomes depression and when does depression become bi-polar disorder?
There’s a question. Obviously.
So after a bit of research the general consensus is thus. Bi-polar go from one to the other.
Symptoms include: Periods of
- Feelings of unhappiness that won’t go away CHECK
- Agitation and restlessness CHECK
- Loss of confidence CHECK
- Feeling useless, inadequate or hopeless CHECK
- Unable to think positively CHECK
- Can’t concentrate or make even simple decisions SORRY WHAT DID YOU SAY OH YEH CHECK
- Loss of appetite NOPE
- Sleeping problems including waking early in the morning CHECK
- Avoiding other people CHECK
- Thoughts of suicide NOPE
- General elation CHECK
- Full of energy or ideas; moving quickly from one idea to another CHECK CHECK CHECK
- Unable, or don’t want to sleep CHECK
- More interested than usual in sex MY HUSBAND WISHES CHECK BUT NOPE
- Making unrealistic plans – IF THIS INCLUDES RUNNING OFF TO THE SUN CHECK
- Overactive, talking quickly CHECK
- Irritable with other people who can’t go along with your mood or ideas CHECK
- Spending money recklessly CHECK
So…I just thought that was being a woman…it seems I have more in common with Catherine Zeta Jones than I thought. Except the geriatric husband, the 3 houses and the rather firm jaw line. So there we are.
Afore I go can I just say head to www.bipolarscotland.org.uk if you would like more info. I know it’s not a laughing matter.